Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lovely Puerta Galera


We (Rachel, Cynthia, me and Sue) have been planning this trip for a while and it has been canceled a few times. Rachel confirmed with me while I was in the US and I was up for it. It was kinda weird to be taking a weekend away after just arriving back in the county just a few days before. I however have no qualms with having a good time and now doing a 7 hour trip is cake.

We stayed at Tamaraw beach next to the infamous White beach. It was quiet and comfortable. The best part was they had lounge chairs on the beach instead of putting your towel out on the sand. The food was great, really reasonable and had a pretty good variety.

I was rather surprised with the small rocks that came up to the shoreline, they looked like river rocks and they are beautiful. It rained really hard the first afternoon and it made crossing an inlet rather challenging but we are troopers and make it across. It was a great place just to relax (I got to read a great book) and if you want a little more action White beach is only a 15 min walk away over a hill. I did not indulge that need because coming back to the Philippines has more jet lag and I partied my little butt in Lake Havasu.



It was so fun just hanging out with my friends, catching up and shooting the breeze, eating grilled cheese sandwiches and reading my book on a lounge chair. It was beautiful looking out from the deck over the water at the banka boats, the ship in the distance and an island off to our right. The clouds made the evening sky purple, blue and shimmered silver. It was wonderful!!!

No comments: