Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thank god my head is attached to my body ;-)

Just to preface I wrote this on Sep 6th….

Some people are born intellectually and fantastically smart, some wise with words and ever so funny and then there are those of use that the clumsy things happen to and I happen to fall in the latter category.

So just a few weeks ago I had an accident on my bike. I was riding down the street, stopped to talk to a few friends and started back on my way but I didn’t go far. My bike chain broke, my handle bars went sideways and I fell backwards. Thank god for my helmet otherwise I would have had a nasty bump on the back of it. I did suffer a few scrapes, cuts and bruises but I managed to walk home after.

This week I was playing with a few of the toddlers in the nursery who need as much attention as they can get. I was playing with the little guy that I was specifically assigned to who is so sweet and has the cutest smile. Then as I was rolling him backwards in my lap I felt something warm and wet beneath him. Yes, he peed on me. Gosh, why did this have to happen to me??? I didn’t realize he didn’t have a diaper on under his cloth bottoms. Just another “Kate” situation.

On Tuesday I miss stepped going down 4 stairs from my room to the living room and slid down them which really hurt the bottom of my feet. Then yesterday as I was walking to the family bakery for dinner I saw a neighbor at her house and was curious about her dinner and was talking to her as I was nearing her. As I went to step down off a ledge a little bigger than a usual step I totally miss stepped and rolled my ankle and landed on my rear, ouch!!! What really sucked was not being able to walk to work today, it’s my exercise.

Now if my mom was still around and heard about the recent incidents of falling and miss stepping she would say my energy field is low and I needed to recharge. Good point, well I plan to go to the beach on Sunday for some extra vitamin D, recharging my batteries and hanging out with my Peace Corps friends.

I usually don’t have these many incidences of stuff happening to me thank god. They are usually much smaller issues like missing the bus stop causing me to get rather disorientated for a while or not realizing I actually didn’t have enough milk for the amount of cereal I poured causing breakfast to be really dry (bran flakes without the right amount of milk is yucky!!) Maybe I just need to pay more attention instead of being so aloof but then I would not be me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I Welcome you to my country "PI - Philippine Islands". Enjoy and have a great time to discover its 7100 islands. It has a number of local dialects aside from Tagalog and its pretty much a challenge to be fluent..Maraming Salamat! -Rey